Improve Security, Internet Safety
GM-Innovations advises that you take all possible steps to improve security on your local computer. Doing so will help protect your PC, your personal information, and your website.
- Keep your passwords safe!
Don't use personal information (like your street name, last name, etc.). Use a different password for each site. Make passwords complex. Change your passwords frequently.
- Keep your personal information secure
- Keep your computer software up-to-date
- Use a safe web browser
- Always keep your firewall turned on
- Enhance your security, consider using OpenDNS
- Know how to spot phishing
- Be careful clicking on links in e-mail or instant message
- Don't open an e-mail attachment from someone you don't know
- Only make purchases on trusted sites
- Be careful what you download and from where
- Make sure that your internet connection is safe, consider F-Secure
- Avoid "Looks Too Good To Be True" e-mail offers and websites
- Log out completely from your accounts
- Turn your computer off when not in use
- Keep your computer and mobile devices locked using strong PINs and passwords
- Clear your browser cookies, history, and cache
- Don't save your login information on public computers
- Be careful what you post online - limit the personal information you share
- Check your security and privacy settings on websites
- Use the optional security questions available on some websites
- Watch your children online
- Stop unsolicited email
- Run full system scans with up-to-date security software
Comodo is a highly recommended security package for Windows PCs that can be used for free:
* For more security software options, see the Twitter links below
You can find more tips at:
Twitter accounts to follow for security issues:
Don't forget to follow GM-Innovations too! https://twitter.com/gminnov
(we post security related content but not exclusively, we include other stuff as well)
This article will be updated periodically. Please check back often for the latest information.
Was this answer helpful?
We highly recommend that you read this helpful article: Stopping Unsolicited Mail, Phone Calls,...
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a standard network protocol used to transfer files from one host...
Windows Browsers For Microsoft® Internet Explorer 7.0 Close all browsers. Open Internet...
How To Take A ScreenshotInstructions on how to take a screenshot are located here:...
If you are receiving the following error in Internet Explorer: "Internet Explorer cannot display...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution